The new TVS Apache RTR 200 4v has been making waves ever since it was first launched. We were lucky enough to ride the bike at the TVS test track in Hosur, Tamil Nadu, and we were very impressed with the bike. It seems TVS has done a fantastic job, not just in terms of the overall design of the bike, but with the way its been built and engineered as well.
Here is a quick recap at everything we liked about the bike and the five most interesting things to know about the all-new TVS Apache RTR 200 4v.
1) The bike's overall design resembles much of the previous Apaches, but it has gotten a complete makeover as well to make the bike seem bigger and sportier, and that comes in the form of a new muscular fuel tank, clip-on handlebars, a newly designed headlight and LED tail light, a new exhaust and bigger tyres. The bike looks like a proper street fighter.
2) The engine is completely new. The entire unit has been designed from the ground up and this is the first time that TVS are using an oil cooled unit. The 198cc engine oil cooled, single-cylinder gets 18% more power over the Apache RTR 180. TVS are also offering two engine options - a carbureted version and a fuel injected one.
3) The entire chassis of the bike si also brand new and it is specifically made for the bike. The chassis is a race derived Double Cradle Split Synchro Stiff Frame and together with the new mono-shock rear suspension the bike handles and rides very well.
4) Apart from the two engine variants there are two other variants as well, and those are differetiated by the use of tyres. You can choose from the standard TVS made Remora tyres or ou can go for the Pirelli tyres.
5) The new digital speedometer has got a features list of its own. Not only does it read out the speed, RPM and fuel, but it also has a gear indicator, clock, Odo meter, lap timer, and a top speed display.