Here are the five key elements of the upcoming new Hero XPulse 200T and the future of the new XPulse range.
Hero MotoCorp has been quietly working under the radar for some time now. Apart from the Xtreme 200R, most of the other motorcycle launches have been upgrades and facelifts, but now the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles has decided to take a giant leap into the 200cc segment by unveiling the XPulse 200T and the future XPulse range at the EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy. After all, it was exactly a year ago Hero showcased the off-road bike concept, the Hero XPulse 200, here in Milan and later unveiled its production version at 2018 Delhi Auto Expo. We take a closer look at the new XPulse 200T and what to expect from this new range.
- Simply Touring: There are some decent affordable touring bikes but when it comes the touring segment, in all fairness Royal Enfield leads the pack because of its old-school charm and the versatile range it offers. Hero has decided to join the touring party with the new XPulse 200T. It is more road-friendly as compared to the XPulse 200, therefore, it comes with 17-inch wheels at the front and rear. The ergonomics are focused on a relaxed riding stance with a comfortable seat. The 200T will offer 190mm of ground clearance, 30mm lower than its adventure-tourer brother, the XPulse 200. It also comes with a metal engine guard so that one can explore the unexplored trails without any worries.
- Features: Hero has ensured that this tourer comes with loads of the safety and convenience features like single-channel ABS, LED head and tail lamps. It will also come with a digital speedometer with Bluetooth connectivity and turn-by-turn navigation. Therefore, you can pair your smartphone with the bike. The good news here is that this will be a standard feature in the XPulse 200T.
- Engine: Both the XPulse 200 and 200T will be powered by the 199.6cc engine that made its debut in the Xtreme 200R. Even though the 18bhp of power output and 17.1 Nm of torque remain the same, the XPulse range will get a fuel-injected motor, unlike the Xtreme 200R’s carburettor one. The XPulse powertrains will be mated to the same 5-speed gearbox like the one in the Hero Xtreme 200R.
- XPulse future range: Apart from revealing the ‘Tourer’, the XPulse 200T, Hero MotoCorp also showed a glimpse of its future XPulse line up by showcasing four XPulse Concepts like a Café Racer, Flat-Tack bike, Desert concept and a retro-styled Scrambler. Apart from these concept bikes, Hero will also be venturing into accessories segment.
- Price and launch: Hero is known for its reliability and value for money products and we don’t see them deviating from these two principles. The XPulse 200 and the XPulse 200T should be priced in the region of Rs 1.1-1.2 lakhs. The XPulse duo should break cover in the final quarter of this financial year.