Ford's new Endeavour has shaken up the premium SUV segment, here are five highlights about the new SUV which gives it its edge
Ford has come in all guns blazing into the premium SUV segment with their new Endeavour. Thanks to its large size and well chiseled profile, the new Ford Endeavour has more road presence than ever before. A competitive price tag along with a contemporary appeal now actually gives the Endeavour a chance to battle its arch rival, the Toyota Fortuner.
Here is a look at some of the highlights of the new 2015 Ford Endeavour:
- Two engine options: The new Ford Endeavour is available with a choice of two engine options, a 2.2 litre four cylinder turbo diesel engine and a larger 3.2 litre five cylinder diesel mill. Both engines are available with four-wheel drive options. The 3.2 model is available with a six-speed automatic gearbox while the 2.2 model is available with either a six-speed manual transmission or a six-speed automatic.
- Multiple modes for off-roading: Ford has fitted the new Endeavour with a Land Rover like terrain management system that offers five modes for different types of off-roading. These modes include – Normal, Sand, Rock, Low-range and Mud Grass.
- Available in two variants: Ford has availed the new Endeavour in two variants – Trend and Titanium. The Trend variant is well equipped with leather upholstery, ABS with EBD, front airbags, electrically adjustable driver’s seat, rear parking sensors and camera, dual zone climate control and more. The Titanium variant in addition gets semi automatic parallel parking system, curtain airbags and driver knee airbags, panoramic sunroof, heated ORVMs and more.
- Practicality: The new Ford Endeavour is a seven-seater with three rows of seats. Folding the two rear rows flat makes for 2,000 litres of cargo space. Practicality is further enhanced with 30 storage spaces inside the cabin.
- Competitive pricing: Priced between Rs. 23.64 lakh to Rs. 28.15 (ex-showroom Delhi) the new Ford Endeavour is competitively priced against the Toyota Fortuner that is also available with two powertrain options with prices ranging between Rs. 24.17 lakh to Rs. 27.02 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Also read: Ford Endeavour Review, First Drive