A detailed variant-wise look at all the features and equipment of the new Hyundai Verna.
By now, you must already know that Hyundai India has launched the 2017 Verna in the market. The latest entrant in the mid-size sedan segment is based on a brand new platform and comes with a raft of new features. Hyundai has priced the car quite aggressively – the petrol base variant starts at Rs 7.99 lakh while the range-topping diesel automatic is priced at Rs 12.61 lakh (both ex-showroom, Delhi). It is available with both petrol and diesel engines, paired with a manual or automatic gearbox across four variants. Let’s take a look at all the features and highlights of each trim.
The Verna E is the bare-basic variant of the sedan. Although it doesn’t have many frills on offer, it does get crucial equipment like ABS, dual airbags, engine immobilizer and centre locking. Here’s what’s on offer:
- Only available with manual gearbox.
- Dual Airbags.
- Day and Night mirror (manual).
- Centre Locking.
- Halogen Lamps.
- Turn Indicators on ORVMs
- Tilt Steering.
- Manual AC.
- Auto Down Power Window function (driver only)
- Electrically Adjustable ORVMs.
Verna E MT Petrol - Rs 7.99 lakh
Verna E MT Diesel - Rs 9.19 lakh
In addition to the features and equipment available in the base E variant, here’s what the EX trim has on offer,
- Available in both manual and automatic.
- Reverse parking sensors.
- Reverse parking camera.
- Projector fog lamps.
- Automatic headlamps (Halogen).
- Speed-sensing door lock.
- Foldable key.
- Rear defogger.
- Burglar alarm.
- Shark-fin roof antenna.
- Height adjustable driver seat.
- Sliding front arm rest.
- 5.0-inch touchscreen audio system.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Steering mounted controls.
- Automatic AC.
- Cruise control.
- Rear AC vents.
- USB charger (front and rear).
- R15 alloy wheels (Automatic only)
- Auto Up-Down power window (driver only).
Verna EX MT Petrol - Rs 9.06 lakh
Verna EX AT Petrol - Rs 10.22 lakh
Verna EX MT Diesel - Rs 9.99 lakh
Verna EX AT Diesel - Rs 11.39 lakh
The SX variant adds the following features over the EX:
- Not available in Petrol automatic.
- Automatic day and night rear view mirror.
- Height adjustable front seat belts.
- Projector headlamps with LED DRLs.
- Cornering lamps.
- LED tail-lamps.
- R16 Diamond Cut alloy wheels.
- Leather wrapped gear knob and steering wheel (Automatic only)
- 0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto/ Mirror Link.
- Electrically folding ORVMs.
- Sunroof (Automatic only)
Verna SX MT Petrol - Rs 9.49 lakh
Verna SX MT Diesel - Rs 11.11 lakh
Verna SX+ AT Diesel - Rs 12.61 lakh
Verna SX (O)
The SX (O) is the range topping variant and gets all the bells and whistles. Here’s all the extra equipment that it gets over the SX variant:
- Not available in Diesel automatic.
- Side and curtain airbags.
- Smart Key
- Adjustable rear headrests.
- Leather seats.
- Auto Link connected car technology.
- Ventilated seats (segment first).
- Push button start/stop.
- Smart Boot release.
Verna SX (O) MT Petrol - Rs 11.08 lakh
Verna SX (O) AT Petrol - Rs 12.23 lakh
Verna SX (O) MT Diesel - Rs 12.39 lakh
*All prices are ex-showroom, New Delhi
Also read: 2017 Hyundai Verna launched at Rs. 7.99 lakh