Toyota’s upcoming Innova will be offered with a new diesel engine, automatic gearbox and lots more in terms of equipment and safety features
A brochure for the upcoming new Toyota Innova has been leaked online. We have seen the renderings and computer generated models of the upcoming MUV from Toyota on the internet earlier. While the cabin area of the vehicle appears to be largely unchanged from the outside, there are new windows and design elements.
Although it’s at the front where things will improve dramatically for the new Innova thanks to the angular side sections at the front with double barrel headlamps, the grille is now a sleek unit below which the black plastic section lends a nice visual break. It’s much the same story at the back with a new tail gate, window, bumper and tail lamps.
Interiors of the upcoming new Toyota Innova will be all-new and have the potential of being best in the segment thanks to a contemporary design.
What this brochure reveals to us though is some of the equipment that will be available on the new Innova along with and more importantly, a new diesel engine!
Here is a look at some of the highlights of the new Toyota Innova –
- New Engine: Toyota has developed a new 2.4 litre turbocharged GD diesel engine for the new Innova that develops considerably more power with outputs rated at 146bhp of max power and 342Nm of peak torque for the manual model and 358Nm for the automatic model.
- Automatic gearbox: Gearbox options will include a six-speed automatic transmission and a five-speed manual unit.
- Better lighting: Top-end variants of the new Toyota Innova will get projector headlamps. While mid and top-end variants will get LED interior ambient lighting.
- Lots more equipment: Base variants will get a seven-inch screen for the infotainment system offering Bluetooth connectivity and voice commands. Higher up variants will get an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Climate control will be on offer in higher up variants while rake and reach adjustable steering column will be standard across the range. Keyless entry and start/stop will also be offered higher up the variant range.
- More safety features: Front airbags along with a knee airbag will be standard across the range while higher up variants will get curtain airbags too. Anti-lock brakes with electronic brake force distribution and rear parking sensors will be standard across the range. Vehicle Stability Control along with Hill Assist Control will be offered in higher end variants.
Toyota is expected to unveil the new Innova on the 23rd of November. Stay tuned to autoX for more on the new Toyota Innova.