Here is a look at the top selling passenger cars for February 2016
Car sales for February 2016 picked up slightly for mass market passenger cars with total sales being recorded at 2,30,159 units as compared to 2,27,954 units in January 2016. At the top of the sales charts were a familiar bunch of cars as they did their regular gig of shuffling up and down the ranks on the sales front. However, there were some notable changes on the sales charts such as the Honda City which dropped from 7th to 18th spot as sales fell by 3,157 units. The Renault Kwid on the other hand climbed from the 12th spot to the 8th spot with 7,544 units sold during the month gone by.
Here is a look at the top ten highest selling cars for the month of February 2016:
- Maruti Suzuki Alto: The Maruti Suzuki Alto retained its top spot on the sales charts with 21,286 units being sold during the month of February 2016. However, sales for the A segment hatchback fell from the January figure of 21,462 units.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire: India’s best selling sedan (actually compact sedan) retained its number two spot on the sales charts with sales falling marginally from 17,587 units in Jan 2016 to 17,410 in Feb 2016.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift: At third spot like in January 2016 was the Maruti Suzuki Swift with 15,475 units being sold as opposed to 14,057 units in the month gone by.
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R: One India’s all time favourite hatchbacks, the WagonR continued to retain its number four spot on the sales charts with 14,209 units being sold in Feb 2016 which was 1,465 higher than Jan 2016.
- Hyundai Elite i20: Climbing to fifth spot was the Hyundai Elite i20 with 10,202 units sold in Feb 2016. The car has overtaken its smaller sibling the Grand i10 on the sales front.
- Hyundai Grand i10: Hyundai’s Grand i10 fell to sixth spot as the Elite i20 moved ahead. Sales for the Grand i10 were recorded at 8,898 units for Feb 2016 as compared to 9,934 units in Jan 2016.
- Hyundai Creta: Hyundai seems to be having a good time as the Creta jumped up from 10th spot to 7th with 8,196 units sold in Feb 2016.
- Renault Kwid: The Renault Kwid as mentioned earlier climbed four spots to number eight with 7,544 units sold during the second month of 2016.
- Mahindra Bolero: At number nine was the stable selling Mahindra Bolero that is one of the best selling Mahindra models of all time and continues to be with 7,446 units sold in Feb 2016.
- Maruti Suzuki Omni: At number ten was the Maruti Suzuki Omni that is quite a favourite in the commercial vehicle segment owing to its affordability and practicality in its commercial variants while its passenger oriented versions offer great people carrying ability, something that works in its favour in rural markets.