While there are a number of new car launches that are around the corner, most of the auto manufacturers will be giving their already successful products a nip and tuck job to push sales. Here’s a list of all the major facelifts that are headed our way in the coming time,
- Ford EcoSport: The Ford EcoSport is the vehicle that virtually started the craze for compact-SUVs in India. While sales of the EcoSport are still going strong, the sub-4m SUV is all set to receive a major makeover. The EcoSport facelift will have a new front-end along with a completely revamped interior. Engine options are likely to remain unchanged, meaning it’ll have 1.0-litre EcoBoost and 1.5-litre petrol engines along with a 1.5-litre diesel engine on offer. That said, Ford may replace the current four-cylinder 1.5-litre petrol unit with a brand new and more powerful three-cylinder 1.5-litre engine in EcoSport facelift.
- Maruti Suzuki S-CrossMaruti Suzuki will soon bring the S-Cross facelift in the country. Apart from a heavily revised exterior design, the refreshed S-Cross comes with new features, new interior design and a new range of turbocharged petrol engines. However, the India-spec version is expected to come only with the current car’s 1.3-litre diesel engine. The 1.6-litre diesel engine is not going to make a comeback in the S-Cross’ new avatar.
- Mercedes-Benz S-ClassNot many people would care about the new 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class coming to India, but if you happen to be one amongst the rich and famous of the country, then you should probably give it a look. The updated S-Class gets a raft of new features along with subtle changes in the exterior design. Most importantly, though, the S-Class now gets the latest safety equipment such as autonomous parking, collision avoidance, lane assist, etc. Engine options are likely to remain unchanged.
- Hyundai Elite i20The Hyundai Elite i20 is one of the most popular premium hatchbacks in the country, and deservedly so! Although the hatchback is still fighting tooth and nail with the Maruti Suzuki Baleno on the sales chart, Hyundai will give the Elite i20 its first ever major upgrade. Details about the updated i20 are sparse at the moment, but it’s expected to come with major revisions on the outside. On the mechanical front, it’ll remain unchanged.
- Hyundai CretaHyundai recently previewed the Creta facelift in China, and it’ll soon be arriving on our shores. Most of the updates will be cosmetic in nature – for instance, on the outside, it gets a new grille, new front bumper, redesigned headlamps with LED DRLs, new alloy wheels and re-profiled tail-lights. The interior design is more or less unchanged, albeit the cabin gets some subtle updates. Powertrain options will be unchanged from now.
- Maruti Suzuki CiazMaruti Suzuki is currently working on the Ciaz facelift. The test mules of the updated mid-size sedan have been spied at various locations across the globe and it should be ready for its market launch early next year. The Ciaz facelift will get new front- and rear-end design along with a new cabin layout and additional features. Engine options are likely to remain the same, although Maruti Suzuki is expected to introduce its all-new 1.5-litre diesel engine with the Ciaz facelift.