2019 Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupe launched in India at ₹ 75 lakh

By Divyank Kushagra Bansal | on March 14, 2019

With the C 43 coupe, the new and current generation of the C-Class gets its first AMG model in India.

Mercedes-Benz India has launched the C 43 AMG coupe here, priced at ₹ 75 lakh (Ex-showroom), which makes it the first AMG-spec model to join the line-up of the latest generation C-Class currently on sale here. Like other AMG models, this one too will take the CBU route to reach the Indian shores.

Over its predecessor, the new C 43 coupe gets updated styling, which is in line with the marque's current design philosophy and more punch from its 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 motor. Based on the C-Class platform, the C 43 coupe gets a new AMG-styled front apron with a twin-louvre AMG radiator grille and at the rear, the diffuser design too has been updated, with round twin-tailpipes encased by gloss black inserts.

2019 Mercedes AMG C43 Coupe Front Quarter

2019 Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupe

The twin-turbo V6 now produces 385bhp and 520Nm of torque (23bhp more than the predecessor) and is mated to a 9-Speed TCT AMG Speedshift transmission, which sends power to all the wheels via the famed 4MATIC All-Wheel-Drive system. This gives the entry-level AMG coupe a 0-100km/h time of 4.7 seconds, with the top speed electronically limited to 250km/h.

However, in order to preserve the rear-sliding fun of an AMG model, the 4MATIC system delivers only 31 per cent of the power to the front wheels and the remaining 69 per cent to the rear. Also, the Speedshift box has been re-tuned to make the shift times even shorter. To make the C 43 AMG Coupe usable in everyday conditions without compromising on its dynamic drive, Mercedes has also given it the AMG Ride Control Suspension which features adaptive three-step damping.

2019 Mercedes AMG C43 Coupe Dash Layout

Switching our attention to the interior, this is the place which sees some crucial changes and updates. The new AMG steering wheel gets touch-control buttons (like those on non-AMG models) and the erstwhile classic circular instrument cluster has been replaced by the new, fully-digital 12.3-inch screen. The digital interface offers three display styles: Classic, Sport and Supersport.

To further popularise the AMG brand among Indian car buyers, Mercedes-Benz India has also announced Star Ease packages for the C 43 coupe starting from ₹ 68,000.

Tags: Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe

Write your Comment

Please tell us your city. This allows us to provide relevant content for you.