New Hyundai Verna Gets Over 8,000 Bookings in India

The all-new Hyundai Verna has finally launched in the country. It has crossed 8,000 bookings in India. Hyundai will start deliveries of the 2023 Verna in the first week of April 2023.

By Sanorita | on March 22, 2023 Follow us on Autox Google News

Hyundai recently launched the 2023 Verna starting at Rs 10.90 lakh and going as high as Rs 17.38 lakh in India. All prices are ex-showroom. The carmaker started accepting pre-orders for the new Verna in February, and as of launch day, it has received more than 8,000 bookings. According to industry reports, 25% of all Verna reservations are for the turbo petrol models, and the remaining 75% are for the standard petrol versions. Additionally, 40% of all reservations are for the car's automatic models. Speaking of the engine, the new Verna offers two options: a 1.5-litre petrol naturally aspirated engine and a 1.5-litre petrol turbo engine. The NA petrol unit produces 113bhp and 144Nm paired with a 6-speed manual or an IVT automatic transmission. The turbo-petrol engine, on the other hand, generates 158bhp and 253Nm. It has a 6-speed manual and a 7-speed DCT gearbox with paddle shifters as optional transmissions.

2023 Hyundai Verna: Exterior & Interior 

The brand-new Hyundai Verna has a segment-leading wheelbase of 2,670mm and is a bit longer than its rivals at 4,535mm. Appearance-wise, the all-new Verna is not exactly the same as its predecessor from the front and rear. It boasts EV-like long, swooping lines and an LED setup that almost fills the car's width. 

Inside, the carmaker has added soft-touch materials to the dashboard and door trims. The new Hyundai Verna features dual-tone beige-black interiors. The dashboard and door trims of the Verna also feature an ambient light strip with 64 color selections. Additionally, depending on the driving mode chosen, the colour can change.

Also Read: 2023 Hyundai Verna Safety Features Unveiled; Gets Level 2 ADAS and More

The Verna offers heated and ventilated front seats, a first for the segment, and front AC vents, integrated into the dashboard design. Climate control knobs, simultaneously functioning as infotainment controls, are located in the center console. Other features include hill start assist control, electronic stability control, electrochromic mirrors, front parking sensors, etc. 

Hyundai has installed a brand-new two-spoke steering wheel in the all-new Verna. It has buttons with multiple functions and haptic feedback. Apart from English and Korean, the driver's unit can display turn-by-turn directions with the option to choose from more than ten regional languages.

2023 Hyundai Verna: Safety & Other Features 

In terms of safety, the new Verna gets six airbags, ABS, and EBD as standard on all models. All four disc brakes are only available on the most expensive model with the DCT gearbox. Some Verna models also come standard with ADAS. Concerning connected car technology, the carmaker offers three years of free Bluelink subscription to new Verna buyers. This service includes, among other things, auto crash notifications, SOS calls, stolen vehicle immobilization, geo-fencing, and even a monthly health report.

A 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Valet mode, and over-the-air updates is standard on the new Hyundai Verna. Moreover, Hindi and English voice commands are also supported for this device's many other features, like turning on the air conditioning, turning on the ventilation in the seats, and opening the sunroof.

Also Read: New Hyundai Verna Features Revealed Before India Launch; Gets Front Cooled Seats

2023 Hyundai Verna: Price, Bookings & Delivery

As mentioned, the all-new Verna retails at an introductory price of Rs 10.90 lakh and goes high as Rs 17.38 lakh as per models in India. The bookings of the model are underway and deliveries of the new Verna will start in the first week of next month. There is no official confirmation but industry reports reveal that a waiting period of approx 2 months is speculated for the all-new Verna in the market. 

Tags: Hyundai 2023 Hyundai Verna

Write your Comment

Hyundai Verna [2020-2023] Model Image
Last Recorded Price ₹ N/A Ex Showroom Price (New Delhi)

Please tell us your city. This allows us to provide relevant content for you.