There are two types of people in this world – those who love cars, and those who are missing out. Car lovers speak their own language – of specs, features and numbers – that might very well sound like gibberish to others. But every car lover has some things in common, some traits that are a sure shot giveaway of their addiction.
Here are 5 traits every car lover has developed over time:
- Stays updated with car launches: If you want to know all the many features of the new Honda BRV or a high-class sports car launched in secret in a showroom in Germany, you don’t even need to Google it –just ask the car lover in your life. He’ll tell you exactly why you should be buying it, and all the colours it’s available in. He watches every possible car show, from AutoX on You Tube to Top Gear, and subscribes to car magazines for his weekly dose of trivia. Car enthusiasts always stay updated with the happenings of the automobile world because that’s their passion, and if you’re thinking of buying or selling a car, it’s their opinion you need to ask for.
- Is practically in a relationship with his car: Every true car lover has a name for their car – aterm of endearment of some sort. While it may not get a movie of its own, like Herbie or Bumblebee from Transformers, don’t be surprised if your car lover friend has it on his keychain, or worse, a tattoo. He takes out time to take long drives with his car, to give it a bath, to go shopping for pretty things to dress it up – anda range of other half creepy, half adorable things that you’d usually only do with your girlfriend.
- Drools over cars passing by: If you’re out with a car lover, you’ll definitely get an earful about every car that’s on the road. From how much it costs and the different types of models available, car lovers know the specs of cars that they don’t even love. At some point during the journey, they’re bound to spot a drool worthy automobile, such asa fancy sports edition with its top down, or the Honda BRV with its melting pot of features, and they’ll literally stop mid-sentence to check it out. For car lovers, it’s like a celebrity sighting, and, comically enough, might require you to make sure they don’t crash when they crane their necks to check out the beauty in traffic.
- Guards their car with their life: For a lover of cars, their automobile is the real deal. They’ll insist on washing it on their own, and they’ll spend time, money and effort getting the best possible products to keep their car as good as new. These guys will check the lock on their cars multiple times, always wondering if it’s still open. You can’t eat or drink in their car and if you think you’re going to be allowed in the driver’s seat, you’ve got another thing coming!
- Uses a coveted car as décor: A car lover is not a car lover unless he often uses a picture of his dream car as his background or screensaver. Their favourites are pictures of cars in scenic terrain or picturesque backgrounds. The juxtaposition of grand, gorgeous cars like the SUV in a calming backdrop of a rocky brook can make for an intense viewing experience. Some car magazines even provide centre folds with amazing photos of fancy cars, so if your partner is a car lover, we’d suggest letting them choose their room décor for themselves!
If you are a car lover or know someone who is, one or more of the traits above definitely pertain to you. Whether you’re busy embellishing your car with the coolest accessories and detailing, or sternly telling all your passengers “my car, my rules” if they try to change the song on the radio, there’s no doubt your car is the love of your life, and all we ask is that you let us sit in it sometimes.
*This is a Sponsored Feature.