Hero Splendor, HF Deluxe and More Fuel Hero MotoCorp's Retail Sales Growth to 6% in August

Hero MotoCorp, India's largest two-wheeler manufacturer, disclosed that it sold 4,88,717 bikes and scooters in August 2023. This represents a huge increase above the 4,62,608 units sold in the same month last year. The amount for sales covers both domestic and overseas markets.

By Reetika Bhatt | on September 5, 2023 Follow us on Autox Google News

Hero MotoCorp, the leading two-wheeler manufacturer in India, reported selling a total of 4,88,717 motorcycles and scooters in August 2023. This is a significant increase from the 4,62,608 units sold in the same month the previous year. The sales figure includes both domestic and export markets. In the home market, the company sold 4,72,947 two-wheelers in the same month. Additionally, it shipped 15,770 units to foreign markets. The brand's sales have increased both in India and globally. Furthermore, in August 2022, Hero MotoCorp sold 4,50,740 units in India and shipped 11,868 units to worldwide markets. Scooter sales made up 7 per cent of the total sales figures, while motorcycle sales constituted the remaining 93 per cent. Additionally, the Splendor and the HF Deluxe lineup account for about 90 per cent of motorcycle sales. The bikemaker asserts that the advent of the festive season along with positive agricultural output this year will certainly result in an increase in sales in the upcoming months. 

Also Read: Hero Karizma XMR 210 vs Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Spec Comparison: Which is Better?

Hero MotoCorp Sales: August 2023

In August of this year, 4,52,186 motorcycles were sold in total in India and other international markets, while the automaker reported 36,531 scooter sales. For reference, Hero MotoCorp sold 4,30,799 bikes in August last year, compared to 31,809 scooter sales during the same period in the previous year. With regard to August 2022, Hero MotoCorp evidently saw an increase in sales of both motorcycles and scooters. 

The total sales for this fiscal year continue to be minimal in comparison to the firm's two-wheeler sales from the previous year, in spite of the improvement in both motorcycle and scooter sales figures last month. The domestic two-wheeler manufacturer has added that, as of August 1, this fiscal year, it has sold 22,32,601 bikes and scooters, a decrease from the 22,98,381 units registered during the same time period the previous year. Besides this, the comeback of the Karizma moniker in the country is projected to boost the company's growth.

Hero Karizma XMR 210: Engine and Features

The Hero Karizma XMR 210 recently went for sale in the domestic market with an ex-showroom price tag of Rs 1.73 lakh. Despite being a modern rendition of the model, the new Karizma retains a number of recognisable stylistic elements from its 2003 predecessor. Iconic Yellow, Turbo Red, and Matte Phantom Black are the three colour options available for the new Karizma XMR. 

The 2023 Karizma XMR is powered by a brand-new 210cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled 4-valve engine. The sports tourer, according to the producer, is the most powerful bike in its class, with a maximum power output of 25.15bhp at 9,250rpm and a peak torque of 20.4Nm at 7,250rpm. In 3.8 seconds, the motorcycle accelerates from 0 to 60km/h. The drivetrain is coupled to a 6-speed gearbox that comes standard with a slip-assist clutch to reduce rear wheel lock or, perhaps, engine seizure in the event of an abrupt downshift. 

In addition to LED lighting, the maker equipped the newly released Karizma XMR 210 with a fully digital console. The device gives the rider access to turn-by-turn navigation, SMS and phone notifications, and an LCD display with Bluetooth connectivity. The trip meter, speedometer, tachometer, odometer, temperature display, and gear position indication make up the essential readouts.

Also Read: 2023 Hero Karizma XMR Review: Grand Comeback or Disappointing Sequel?

Hero Karizma XMR 210: Hardware and Market Rivals

The Karizma XMR 210 boasts a redesigned chassis and is supported by telescopic front forks and a rear mono-shock with six adjustment settings. The braking system consists of a standard rear disc with dual-channel ABS and a single-petal front disc. The setup rides on 17-inch alloy wheels covered in tyres designed for the road. Coming to the market competitors, the new Karizma XMR 210 competes with the Bajaj Pulsar RS200, the Yamaha R15 V4, and the Suzuki Gixxer SF 250. 

Tags: Hero MotoCorp Hero Sales Hero MotoCorp Sales Hero MotoCorp August Sales Hero August Sales Hero Splendor Splendor Hero HF Deluxe HF Deluxe

1 Comment


Rajeev Kumar supervisor mo 7465000706

Write a Reply

Please tell us your city. This allows us to provide relevant content for you.